May 26th, 27th & 28th, 2017
The Phippen Museum will offer another outstanding presentation of fine art at our 43rd Annual Western Art Show & Sale. A Memorial Day weekend tradition on Prescott, Arizona's historic courthouse plaza for more than 40 years, this extremely popular art event attracts art enthusiasts, Western collectors and visitors from far and wide, along with some of the nation's most talented artists.
In fact, many of today's most well-known Western artists got their start as juried participants in the Phippen show, creating artwork in oil, watercolor, acrylic, mixed media, pastel, sculpture and drawing. And although this annual juried show features well established artists, up-and-comers who create 'Art of the American West' are also well represented. So not only do guests see some of the greatest examples of Western art in America today, they're also able to meet participating artists in an informal, outdoor setting and purchase pieces directly from the masters.
And with the successful Miniature Masterpiece Show and Sale and the new Phippen Award Winners (PAWs): Art to Go Exhibition, this year's presentation will offer many special events to keep attendees entertained and involved, including the extremely popular Quick Draw challenges, the fun-filled Denim to Diamonds Gala at the Plaza View Ballroom, a public artist award ceremony and free admission to the museum all weekend long.
2016 Award-winning Phippen Artists
BEST IN SHOW - Bill Cramer "Canyon Fortress"
1. David Dorsey "River Dance" 2. Valeriy Kagounkin "Road to High Pasture 3. Lisa Johnson-McLoughlin "Silence In Motion"
1. Wei Tai "David Bald Eagle" 2. Randy Galloway "Red Arrow Wah-Do-Ta" 3. Julie Nighswonger "The Yearlings"
1. Echo Ukrainetz "Joe Blackfox" 2. Lydia Dillon Sutton "The Newest Olla Maiden" 3. Deborah Liszt "Don't Fence Me In"
1. Bill Cramer "Canyon Fortress" 2. Sam Thiewes "Friday Night" 3. Steve Atkinson "Winter Comes Early"
Don Rantz "Thumb Butte - Early Winter" 2. Mary Ann Cherry "Slow But Steady" 3. Dale Martin "Teamwork"
1. Tim Harmon "Hitchin' Rail" 2. Heather Johnson Beary "Winds of Change" 3. Kim Seyesnem Obrzut "Morning Song"
1. Stephen Thompson "Old Warrior Chief" 2. Wei Tai "Cowgirl" 3. Raleigh Kinney "Tell Me About It"
PHIPPEN FOUNDATION AWARD
Mary Ann Cherry "Slow But Steady"
PHIPPEN FAMILY AWARD
Joseph Robertson "On the Trail"
MONTGOMERY FRAMES AWARD
WESTERN ART COLLECTOR AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
ART OF THE WEST AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
SOUTHWEST ART AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD
Heather Johnson Beary
The Board of Trustees, staff and volunteers at the Phippen Museum would like to recognize all the incredible artists, generous sponsors, and outstanding community partners who made this special art event possible. Thank you for your thoughtful support and dedication.
And special thanks to our outstanding 2016 sponsors for their generosity and community support.
Gift In-Kind Sponsors